Tuesday, September 1, 2009

a few words on what I've been listening to

Battlefields - Thresholds of Imbalance: Pretty good. A little boring in parts (tinkly guitar passages) but nice to chill to. I haven't finished it yet but I will.

Burnt by the Sun - Heart of Darkness: haven't finished this either but it's turning my crank. Nice and heavy. Some great riffs too.

Not really impressed by Artillery, At War, or Axis Powers. Azarath and Backwoods Paycheck sound pretty good.

Swashbuckle - Back to the Noose: I really liked the track "Cruise Ship Terror" when I heard it on the Nuclear Blast/Sumerian sampler. So I was excited to hear the whole album. It's better sounding than their debut production wise. But, the pirate metal shtick gets old fast. The little spoken shit in between songs is pointless and boring. Like cut-scenes in video games. Back to the Noose is good and fun but all in all forgettable.

3 comments:

  1. I heard Burnt By The Sun on the Relapse Myspace page and the song "There Will Be Blood" was brutal. This is definitely a band I'm trying to get into. Any recommendations for similar bands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try and listen to it again and pick out some stuff. I am new to BBTS myself.

    MetalMatt

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about it did you like? I am going to suggest a band called Arise & Ruin. That's one place to start, I guess.

    MetalMatt

    ReplyDelete