Saturday, March 6, 2010

Random thoughts on some stuff I've heard lately

Impetuous Ritual - Relentless Execution of the Ceremonial Excrescence: Dark atmospheric doom. Best heard in complete darkness. And only 2 songs over 4 minutes in length! That's weird for doom.

Hysterica - Metalwar: Their image is better than the music. A bunch of chicks in leather and spikes and armour, bearing swords. Pretty straightforward metal. Only heard it once and most of it was from another room. I'll get back to it.

Melt Banana - initial t.: The whole thing is just under 5.5 minutes. And what a great 5.5 minutes. Some pretty sweet riffs make an appearance. And the high-pitched Japanese chick vocals are pretty fun.

Overkill - Ironbound: This is the first Overkill record I've ever heard. (Sue me.) And it's pretty good. Musically they remind me of Megadeth. Lots of speed and dexterity. Vocally I feel NWOBHM. It's okay.

The Resurrection Sorrow - Hour of the Wolf: Um, it came off as kinda weak and unnecessary. No desire to hear it again.

Rotting Christ - AEALO: First experience with Rotting Christ. Interesting. Not exactly stereotypical metal but the worldly elements make it interesting. I have a feeling this one could really grow on me.

Six Feet Under - Graveyard Classics 3: I didn't even make it past the first song. I have better things to listen to.

Arsis - Starve For the Devil: WTF?

Barn Burner - Bangers: Fuck yes!! Rockin' stoner vibe. Serious party tunes. And AMAZING live!

Charred Walls of the Damned - Charred Walls of the Damned: NOT a Ripper Owns fan.

Deiphago - Filipino Antichrist: Sucks hard.

haarp - ep ii: I love it. It sounds like your local death metal band but for some reason, I don't think it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment