Thursday, November 11, 2010

Yes, I'm alive.

I realized I haven't posted in over a month. But we just moved so that is keeping me really busy. Plus, we were without internet (!!) for a while too. But you don't want to hear about me, you want to hear about metal!

Kylesa - Spiral Shadow: I have only heard it once (so far) but that is all it took to know it kicks ass. Kylesa's previous offering, Static Tensions, took top spot on my Best of 2009 list so my expectations were high. The two are different enough that it's really not fair to compare them. Spiral Shadow sounds like a more mature album. It has a more spacious sound that Kylesa was moving towards with Tensions but instead of a small step, they took a giant leap. The album breathes more and allows Laura and Phillip to sing more rather than scream all the time. It also feels like a very deep album so I'll have to spin this many more times before I can give it the proper treatment. But one thing is for sure, Kylesa continue to push themselves in order to not release the same album over and over.

Salome - Terminal: I'm not even done this yet but, fuck me. Heavy fucking shit motherfucker. Bowel evacuatingly heavy. While wearing earbuds. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment