Saturday, March 24, 2012

I don't get to do this much.

It's not very often I get to just sit and mess around on the internet. Seriously. But tonight I've got a couple hours covering the lab at work. Which mean, a) web access and b) time to kill. That being said, I've been streaming some stuff and thought I would share my less-than-profound insights.

Author and Publisher - "Terrorbird": Um, maybe streaming isn't the best medium for me to experience this. It's a little "out there". I bet if I wasn't stone-cold straight it might turn my crank but at the moment it just weirded me out.

Hour of Penance - "Decimate the Ancestry of the Only God": Holy fucking shitballs. That's some seriously awesome death metal. I already had this album on my list of stuff to check out but after hearing that, I better get on it!

Jeff Loomis - "Surrender": While not usually a fan of solo albums, this isn't immediately turning me off. It's not great but it is good enough that I might check out the rest of the album. Even if just to hear Chris Poland and Marty Friedman on guitar again.

Meshuggah - Koloss (full stream): Um, I thought I didn't like Meshuggah. Then why do I like this? At least the first 3 tracks. Are they doing something different that is bringing it back in line with my usual tastes? I mean, I liked Chaosphere but not Obzen. The 4th track "Behind the Sun" tempers the fury a little bit. It allows you to catch a breath before the onslaught of "The Hurt That Finds You First". And the rest of the album is equally as good. Sometimes I surprise myself. 

My 2 hours of relief are almost over. Time to get back to my regular boring, music-less job and read more David Icke when I should be paying attention.

www.twitter.com/MetalMatt_KofN

No comments:

Post a Comment