Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chimaira - The Infection

Chimaira - The Infection: I am not going to say that much here. Basically because I don't think it deserves that much of my time. I've listened to it three times now and it wasn't any better the second or third times. I didn't even have high expectations. I really liked their first album, not so much the next, Resurrection was good. The Infection has me reachin' for some antibiotics. It seems really stagnant. I don't expect them to be huge innovators but it doesn't sound like something a seasoned band would release. Anybody could make this record. At times it can get my head bobbin' but for the most part it's just the same ole metalcore we've heard from too many bands for too long. Their attempt at artsy/prog on "The Heart of it All" is seriously weak. Despite the praise metalsucks.net had laid upon The Infection, I'm gonna pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment