Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Company Band

I never thought I'd say that I am disappointed in a project featuring a member of Clutch. But I am. The Company Band is fronted by Clutch's Neil Fallon. It also includes The Reverend from Fireball Ministry, Jess Margera of CKY and somebody else that I can't remember/isn't worth noting. Now Fireball Ministry is decent, and CKY kinda sucks, but I thought Neil would make up for that. Guess not. (I feel so blasphemous!) It's kinda boring. It falls flat in a way. There's nothing to really sink your teeth into. Fallon's delivery lacks the vigor he brings with Clutch. The rest of it was just so classic rock. The riffs were over-simplistic (I'm reminded of KISS), and the drums had no flair. I would have hoped that if these musicians were taking time away from their main groups it would be to create something worthwhile. Not only was The Company Band not worthwhile, it was pretty much a waste of my time. Neil Fallon or not, I really have no desire to listen to this again. I probably will, but not any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment