Friday, July 2, 2010

Speaking of Smashing Pumpkins...

In my previous post I mentioned Smashing Pumpkins. It reminded me of a post (or at least a tweet) I wanted to publish a couple weeks ago. Here goes. I have an old van. It has a tape player. Sometimes I'll pick up tapes for a buck at a thrift store. The latest one I snagged was Smashing Pumpkins - Melancholy & The Infinite Sadness. I want my buck back. Correct me if I'm wrong but the CD version had 2 discs right? Well, there is only one tape. And it sucks. It's like they took every song with balls and dropped them. "Zero" and "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" are on it but that's about it. ("Tonight, Tonight" isn't all bad) It's so wimpy and slow and soft and horrible to fight through. I didn't recognize any of the songs so to get to the 2 afoementioned songs that I wanted to hear I had to listen to the rest of them. The tape started right AFTER "Bullet".

It's almost as much a waste of a dollar as the "digital cassette" version of Nirvana - Nevermind that I bought.  I should have taken that one out of the case and looked at it. Digital cassettes are not the same as tape and do not play in regular tape players.  I also bought a tape (can't even remember who know) but inside was a blank tape with a Scorpions album on it. FUCK! I learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment