Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cephalic Carnage - Misled By Certainty

Misled by Certainty is a most apt album title. I was certainly misled. I was certain that given the amount of positive press and ample advertising that this album would blow me away. But I was misled. It sucks. It didn't feel as cohesive as an album as I prefer. I can see how people would like it but I don't. There is some good tracks and some good moments but they are few. The second half of the album is just kind of, there. There was nothing that really grabbed me.  Now, Cephalic Carnage refer to themselves as hydrogrind. Or in layman's terms, weed metal. Perhaps if I were to partake in some weed, I might hear the gold that some apparently do. And since I don't get high near as much as I'd like, I doubt the opportunity will present itself. There's already way better stuff on my Potential Pot Playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment