Friday, October 8, 2010

Fleshgod Apocalypse - Mafia

I can't understand a word this Italian death metal outfit is singing about. That's fine. It's death metal, I didn't expect to. My guess is it's something about the Mafia. As far as the 4 originals on this disc go, I can give or take. Very well performed and all that. There is some operatic singing that I could really do without. Death growls are good and the riffage makes me want to circle headbang. Drums are pretty good. The snare seems a little sharp though. Quite machine gun like. The EP ends with a piano outro that sounds very Mafia-esque but again, I could do without it.
Where is EP stands out if a top notch cover of At the Gates' "Blinded by Fear". Kudos.
And of course, the band's name itself pretty awesome.
Take it or leave it. It's not horrible, but it's not something I will go back to again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment