Thursday, September 22, 2011

More Wasted Bandwidth

I've got two megabite buster for ya. Maybe 3. Or 4.
 
Opeth - Heritage: I've never really like Opeth to begin with. But there was a time I didn't like Black Metal. And now I like all kinds of Black Metal bands. But that is not the case here. Opeth took pretty much all the things I liked least about them and made a whole album of it. Proggy stuff, clean singing, instrumental passages blah blah BORING!
 
Kittie - I've Failed You: No no, Hunny. You haven't failed me. For you to have failed me, I would have to actually expected you to accomplish something. I didn't expect anything at all. In fact, because I was actually able to listen to the whole album without tossing my iPod in the river means you exceeded expectations. That's not a failure at all!
(June 2023, sorry about "hunny". I've evolved as a person and wouldn't say that now. Shouldn't have said it then but I assure you it wasn't meant to be demeaning at any time. Just could have chosen better.)
 
 Chelsea Grin - My Damnation: Fuck me. Bombarded by breakdowns. I don't think these dudes would be able to masturbate. They can't keep a rhythm going long enough.
 
Anthrax - Worship Music: I'm confused. Do they want us to worship music? Or are they saying this is music to worship to? Whatever the case may be, the album is crap. It's practically not even thrash! And that Refused cover is a goddamn abomination.

No comments:

Post a Comment