Thursday, March 19, 2009

Quick Hits

Arise and Ruin - Night Storms Hailfire: Fucking awesome. Very well
produced. You can really hear the hardcore but it has a very metal feel. It
is loaded with absolutely killer riffs. Good job boys.

Wino - Puncuated Equilibrium: Scott "Wino" Weinrich is like the Lemmy of
stoner rock. You know right away who it is, but you also know what to
expect. In Wino's case, sweet riffs, sweeter tone and some good solid
stoner tunes. If you liked The Hidden Hand, Spirit Caravan, St. Vitus or
any other Wino band, you'll dig this.

I listened to The Silent Enigma by Anathema the other day. Meh, not my
thing. I listened to the whole thing so that's something but I wasn't blown
away. So I won't go looking for anything else in their discography.

No comments:

Post a Comment