Monday, December 19, 2011

Treasures of 2011 Not Yet Unearthed

Due to a number of circumstances, I haven't been able to listen to all the music I would like have heard in 2011. It boils down to accessibility and time. Basically, I'm a broke father of 3 who works over 50 hours a week at a factory and lives over 100km round-trip from the nearest record store that MIGHT carry what I want. Yes, yes. The internet. I already said I was broke. I buy what I can. And there's a lot of stuff that is hard to dig up if you don't want to pay for it. I recently got Spotify so between that and Bandcamp, 2012 should be much easier. In the meantime, time is my biggest adversary.
Anyway, here's a list of albums/artists from 2011 which have this far evaded my ears. Albums that I honestly think I will enjoy, not just albums I feel some obligation to hear just for the sake of "journalistic integrity".  If any of you want to help me out with any of these (promos, links, exclusive streaming) feel free to contact me. I believe the info is at the right. I think. I can't check. I'm emailing this in from work and can't surf the web. Only email. It's the only time I get!
 
 If I can find them, I'll try to find time to listen to:
 
Deafheaven - Roads to Judah (got it, just no time yet)
Mournful Congregation - The Book of Kings (time)
All Pigs Must Die - God Is War (on Spotify)
Serpentcult - Raised By Wolves (Weight of Light was FUCKING AMAZING)
Electro Quarterstaff - Aykroyd (on Spotify)
Antidiluvian - Through the Cervix of Hawwah
Ehnahre - Taming The Cannibals
Giant Squid - Cenotes
Battlefields - Agassiz
Thou - The Archer and the Owl
Mick Barr - Coiled Malescence (I didn't hear it near enough times before the stream as disabled.)
Moab - Ab Ovo
Vallenfyre - A Fragile King
 
Just to name a few.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment