Thursday, January 5, 2012

#9: Barn Burner - Bangers II: Scum of the Earth


Montreal's Barn Burner are one of Canada's best young bands. On the their second album, Bangers II: Scum of the Earth (Metal Blade) they have further entrenched themselves as such. These beasts of the stage are equally as stimulating in recorded format. Last year I snuck Bangers on to my list due to a release date technicality. That wasn't necessary this year. There's nothing sneaky about Bangers II. Right from the opening/title track "Scum of the Earth" (bitchin' video) you know this baby is rip-tits. But it's not the kind of album that sounds all "FUCK YEAH!" the first few times but fails to garner the same reaction a dozen times later. I knew this barn burner (he he) was going to rank on my list. But the fact that I never got tired of it and actually as I got to listen to it more and more and picked up more lyrics and what not, it continued to grow on me and that vaulted it to its current position. It became my preferred album for making boring things better. Cooking Kraft Diner, cleaning house, mowing the grass for 3 hours + Bangers II = a kickass good time! I probably did a better job articulating my adoration when I reviewed the album a few months so I'll leave you with this: Buy the album. Go to the shows. Party hard and have your face melted off. Support Canadian Metal!

No comments:

Post a Comment