Friday, January 2, 2009

Fear Falls Burning, Fucked Up, Ganon and Ghostlimb

Fear Falls Burning - Frenzy of the Absolute: Burning? More like smoldering. And where is the frenzy part? One of the most boring things I have ever heard. Just weird noise. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........... What? oh, sorry. I fell asleep just thinking about it. Thumbs down!

Fucked Up - The Chemistry of Common Life: punk-tinged indie rock. Might keep me half-interested if I was at a bar. Not a concert, just them playing at a bar. Other than that, I really don't give a shit if I ever hear it again. Not my thing. Thumbs down.

Ganon - As Above, So Below: Another snoozefest. Not as slow as FFB, but just as boring. I tuned it out around track 2. Sound like it's supposed to be like doomy post-rock but it just falls flat. Bad mixing too. Thumbs down.

Ghostlimb - Bearing & Distance: Not bad. Not too boring. But it sounded like those high school kids that open for good bands. Flail away and scream. That's about it. Since I could care less if I ever heard it again, Thumbs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment