Sunday, January 4, 2009

Grey Daturas, Gridlink, and Hackneyed

Grey Daturas - Return to Disruption: Showed promise at first with some good drumming but then it deteriorates into noise. Just noise. It isn't so much an album as it is a collection of noise with some songs thrown in. I can just imagine if they tried to throw vocals in there! Horns down.

Gridlink - Amber Grey: Fuck yeah! I do believe all or most of this band is also in Hayaino Daisuki, who fucking rule! This is my kind of grind. Relentless, vicious and with screaming-like-your-life-depends-on-it vocals. I can't understand a single word but who cares!!
Horns UP!!!!!!

Hackneyed - Death Prevails: I read somewhere where someone said that Hackneyed's name suited them because they are hacks. Not true. Sure, there is room for improvement but they are pretty damn good for teenagers. Pretty good regardless of age. Straight up death metal here folks. A couple of track seem kind of lost but I will cut them slack. Germany has done well with these lads! Horns up!

No comments:

Post a Comment