Monday, January 5, 2009

Lair of the Minotaur, Kataklysm, A Thousand Knives of Fire

Lair of the Minotaur - War Metal Battle Master: This is how metal should be done, people. Wicked blend of style without it sounding too planned. I can hear influences without it sounding too obvious. It pummels, it destroys, it slays. No sappy lyrics, no pretty parts, just pure ass-kicking aggression. I loved every note. Look for this beast near the top of my list. Not to mention the video they made with with the naked zombie chicks. HORNS UP!!!!

Kataklysm - Prevail: I call this speed-death metal. Faster than your regular death metal but not overly technical. Makes me want to circle headbang. It's not full throttle the whole time though. "Blood in Heaven" has a militaristic type feel to it. I wish I could listen to this louder. It would be better louder. I don't really want the album to end. I'm going to give this a Horns UP, but I don't expect it to make my Top 40 of 2008. (which is turning into a Top 50 because I can't decide)

A Thousand Knives of Fire - The Last Train to Scornsville: Boogie rock. Vocals aren't very good. I heard them do a song on one of the Sucking the '70's compilations. I guess they are better when they don't write the song themselves. Very "Sweet Home Alabama is the best song ever!!!" Kid Rock would really like these guys. The gratuitous us of the word motherfucker on "She's Yours" is the best of this. Too country-ish for me really. Although I would enjoy this after a beers and some Jack. I'm gonna give it a Horns down.

No comments:

Post a Comment