Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Kingdom of Sorrow, Hail of Bullets, Legion of the Damned

Kingdom of Sorrow - Kingdom of Sorrow: I think alot of people gave KoS a bad rap before they heard a single note. I think people are kinda sick of Jamie Jasta. Good for them. I'm not. I still like Hatebreed. So couple JJ and Crowbar Kirk and it's a recipe for goodness. This album leans for towards the Crowbar than the hatebreed but not quite as slow as Crowbar. At times, I had to listen hard to tell which one was singing, but then Kirk would sing and I would know it was him. But JJ does a pretty impression. I like it when albums sound fun and make me bob my heard and stuff. While this album may not be as good as the sum of it's parts, it's better than HELLYEAH! Horns up!

Hail of Bullets - ....Of Frost and War: This makes me think of apocalypse. As much as I don't really listen to lyrics, I can hear the war themes. I picture tanks running over things and bombs exploding. The vocals are....different. I can sense desperation in them. Is that on purpose? I've heard Russia mentioned a couple times. I am gonna guess this is based on WWII, and with some research, I was right.The members of Asphyx, Gorefest, Houwitser and Thanatos have come together to create a pretty damn good death metal record. Enjoy. Horns Up!

Legion of the Damned - Feel The Blade:
Speed-death again. Pretty stock sounding. The vocals are a little on the black side. Not really impressed. Nothing to bring me back. I've moving on. Horns down.

No comments:

Post a Comment