Saturday, December 13, 2008

All Shall Perish - Awaken the Dreamers

Crap.
I don't want to label this anything else. I think the first time I listened to it I thought it was ok. But I listened to it again a few weeks later and I wasn't diggin it. It's just got nothing to offer than I haven't been fed a hundred times before.
Talented musicians sure, but that doesn't mean they can write a solid album front to back.
I managed to listen to the whole thing but I wasn't paying attention by the end. I will give them kudos for no "good cop" stuff. Other than the ballad right in the middle of the album. THAT was stupid. Save that shit for the end. I thought it was the end and was disappointed when the next track was still them. Mind you, they did have a different feel after the ballad but it wasn't enough.
I am big on riffs and there was a lack of riffs on this. I am really getting tired of the duh-duh duh, duh duh, duh-duh duh, duh-duh, duh-duh. It's like the guitar follows the drums. Breakdowns are fine in moderation but when they are the main thing, it makes me think they are just hacks who don't know how to write music. Riffs man, RIFFS!!

Speaking of riffs, I am listening to Bison b.c.- Quiet Earth as we speak. That shit is pure gold.
I'll try and review Akimbo - Jersey Shores and/or Black Elk - Always a 6, never a 9 on Monday. Good stuff just a lot to digest. Not your mindless bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment