Monday, December 22, 2008

Quickies from the last couple days

Abysmal Dawn - Programmed To Consume: Pretty good tech-death. Nothing really special about it though. I'll give it a thumbs up.

Across Tundras - Western Sky Ride: Sets a depressing mood. I believe the lyrics are thematically tied to the album title. Gotta be in the mood for it. Thumbs up.

Agalloch - The White EP: Not sure why this is an EP. There is 7 tracks of average length (1 over 7 min). Even more depressing than Across Tundras. I didn't get all the way thru before I went to the next album so...thumbs down.

Arsis - We Are The Nightmare: Better tech-death than Abysmal Dawn. Standout track in My Oath To Madness. Thumbs up.

Belphegor - Bondage Goat Zombie: Album cover better than the album. Surprised I let the whole thing play. Not bad really but nothing to grab me. Blackened death. Thumbs down.

Fuck The Facts - Disgorge Mexico: Not cohesive enough for me as an album. I generally don't like alot of grind. I'm gonna say thumbs down but I will go see them live (they play near me alot).

No comments:

Post a Comment