Monday, December 15, 2008

Craptopsy

It's funny how changing one letter in Cryptopsy makes it Craptopsy. Which is pretty much how I feel about The Unspoken King. Musically, it's passable. It does seem they have adapted their sound to fit into a metalcore kinda place. I never listened to Cryptopsy before so I don't really have a basis for comparison but I know their reputation and I didn't expect this.
I heard people complain about the clean vocals on The Unspoken King and were really upset about it. I now know why. When the clean vocals come in, it just kills it. They are weak and unnecessary. I am all for bands evolving but it's supposed to be a step forward, not back. Or sideways. Or whatever. Oh god, clean vox again. Make it stop!! It's like Emo. Not even good clean vocals.

Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment