Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dismember, Cursed, Children of Bodom, Coldworker, Embrace the End

Dismember - Dismember: This is what death metal is supposed to sound like. Not overly fast, destructive guitar tone and low growled vocals. Old school rules. Thumbs up.

Cursed - Three Architects of Troubled Sleep: Not sure what to say here, I listened to it yesterday. They aren't easy to describe anyway. Other than they rule. It's Cursed!! The last track, Gutters, is worth the price of admission all by itself. Thumbs UP!

Children of Bodom - Blooddrunk: I thought I would see what all the fuss was about with COB. Well, I won't be fussing any. Laiho is a very talented guitarist, and to sing at the same time is an accomplishment. But, I found it was too overindulgent. Pointless guitar interludes and stuff. Sounded like Satriani or something like that. Thumbs down.

Coldworker - Rotting Paradise: Remember what I said about Dismember? Well, take that and speed it up. Well done you Swedes. Thumbs up.

Embrace the End - Ley Lines: Trying to hard. To many little things thrown into the songs. They break up any kind of flow. When will metalcore end? Thumbs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment